Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fun day


This picture is of Zoe out on the porch last night. She had a cookie in her hand, packed up her backpack and her bears (you can barely see them on the right side of the picture, they are covered with a blanket), and went outside to sit and eat.
Today Ian is at school and Zoe and I are hanging out. We went to the grocery store and then stopped by a coffee shop to sit and chat a while. Zoe got apple juice.
Last night Ian had Tae Kwon Do. He is really doing well with it! He has such focus and concentration, it's amazing to watch him, and his teacher does a lot of talk about having good character which I love. A few weeks ago she had a competition to see who could stand perfectly still (in some stance) for the longest and not get distracted...pretty hard for 5 and 6 year olds! The class has around 15 in it, and Ian and two other kids won. She had to stop the competition because those boys would NOT move! You should have seen all of the mothers watching the kids for what seemed like forever but was probably closer to 5 minutes. The teacher and her assistant were trying everything they could to distract the kids, but Ian and those two other boys weren't budging. I was so proud of him, and he was very proud of himself. I've already signed him up for this summer and this fall for classes. I'm also in the process of trying to find him a piano teacher as he desperately wants to learn to read and write music since we got the piano.
Zoe is excited about ballet camp this summer. We'll see how she likes it and if she does I'll sign her up for ballet classes next fall. Thankfully, the dance studio is only a few blocks from our house...that'll make things a bit easier.
Hope all of you are doing well. If you get a sec, please post in the comments and let me know you're reading. I have no idea who all is even reading this, and I'd love to "see you".
K

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read EVERY day :)

M

Anonymous said...

George and I are regulars! I feel like I am there with you.
Lynn

hv3ofem said...

I read every day and share all of the news with the great grandparents. We all enjoy hearing the news.

Anonymous said...

I check you out every morning and then I check back most afternoons just to make sure you haven't posted again. That's probably a little over the top BUT I have grandchildren involved and I am a little over the top about them.