Monday, September 8, 2008

Today

I'm waiting on a student, so I'll make this quick...
I quit my "other" job, doing some contract teaching for a local non-profit. There was just too much paper-work and extra meetings, and not enough actual working.
I'm trying to be calm about this graduate class, but it's hard. The teacher is not responding to questions via e-mail, and is posting links to things we're required to read, but the links are dead. There are also required readings (that are on-line, not out of our textbook) that are over 80 pages. That's very hard to read, synthesize, and take notes on from a computer screen!
The kids had great days at school, we came home, had snack, did Ian's homework and then played at the park for an hour. Now they're watching "Scooby-Doo" while I wait for my student.
Speaking of tutoring, I'm up to 5 students this semester, which is a great number for me. I'm really excited about being busy.
I'm doing the pedometer challenge again with Jenny (on her blog www.youshouldhavecalledmefirst.com) and doing pretty well today. It's 5pm and I have almost 9000 steps.
Gotta run,
Kim

1 comment:

Jenny O. said...

9,000? Holy crap. I thought I was doing really well!