Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday morning

It's Sunday morning and I'm sitting on our front porch, while the kids run around inside. We decided against church this morning, and are planning on just hanging out today. Ian got the Michael's ad out of the paper and is getting all of his money together for he and Zoe to go buy yarn today. I'm not sure what they're going to do with yarn, but they are very excited about all of the art project possibilities.
Yesterday we had an easy morning, some yard sales, went to the bagel shop for lunch (the new owners of our favorite place have completely re-done it, we haven't decided if it's better or worse), and then went to the Arboretum for some hiking and letterboxing. We found one box, saw a beautiful flower show (bought some to take home) and enjoyed walking around the gardens. We planned to find one more letterbox before we left, but the hike was around a mile and we realized quickly that the kids were too tired to make it- so we'll find that one another time.
We're all looking forward to a low-key week. I have lots of reading for my class next week, but no writing assignment, so it feels like I'll get a break!
Kim

No comments: