Saturday, April 26, 2008

The perfect day

Woke up early this morning and snuggled with the kids. We ate a quick breakfast and Ian and I headed out to some yard sales. We loaded up with some great clothes for Ian for $4 (yes, that's total), chatted with some neighbors, and headed to the local tailgate market. Saw some friends there, bought some eggs, meat, and empenadas (my friend from Argentina makes them and sells them at the market...yum). When we pulled up in front of the house after our trip, it was 9am. Then we all went to the backyard and worked- Matt and the kids getting more of the garden ready, and I power washed the back deck. We stopped briefly for lunch then went back outside. Around 1 we put Zoe down for a nap and I went to take a shower. When I got out of the shower, Ian was asleep on the couch. Now Matt and I are sitting out on the front porch, enjoying the beautiful mild weather and breeze and the quiet of no kids. When the kids wake up we'll get a snack and head out to play some mini-golf. Ahhhhhhhh
K

No comments: