Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Happy Birthday!!


Happy Birthday today to Matt! He opened some presents last night and some more this morning- all thoughtfully wrapped by the kids. We tried to go to his favorite restaurant last night (Heiwa) but they were closed so we went to a hibachi Japanese restaurant. Ian loved it, Zoe was scared of the flames.
This morning, the kids gave Matt his last few presents and sang "Happy Birthday" to him. (Zoe was completely naked for the serenade- she was in the process of getting dressed when the need to sing hit her).
As a side note, Matt and I met 16 years ago today. I knew it was his birthday so I brought him a book and wrote inside "Happy Birthday" and signed my name (and my friend's name). I remember distinctly thinking that either one day we would look at that book and smile or one day he'd look at that book and think "who was that?". I'm glad he's looking at it today and smiling :)
Kim

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure he's smiling? Just kidding!

Jenny O. said...

Oh, that's so sweet! What a neat memory. Too bad in that memory you were wearing Sam and Libby ballet flats with a giant bow on them and a weird one-piece romper. **shudder**
:) Just kidding. Happy Birthday Matt!

Kim said...

I was CUTE in those ballet flats!
K